Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Rapture Dream

 Before I ever read about the rapture of the saints in the Bible, I had the following dream that ultimately led me to faith in Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour.

Growing up a Roman Catholic, I had never even heard of the idea or the term "rapture of the saints." I never read about it in the Bible either because I did not own one until  receiving a New Testament as a gift from a young priest that used to teach us both religion and martial arts, but even then I read only the gospels and the Book of Revelation.

So, one night back in 1997 or 1998, I had a following dream. I was walking outside when suddenly my body became light and I began to rapidly rise to the sky. I felt the air blowing on me, as I rose and saw the earth getting smaller, then I began approaching the clouds. I felt a tremendous sense of excitement while wondering what or who am I going to see there and  wondered where was I going. Then as I passed through he clouds, I saw a very bright light and woke up.

It was a very realistic type of dream, more like dream vision really, and I never knew what it meant until a couple of years later when reading a passage from apostle Paul describing pretty much the same thing I experienced in my dream with an explanation of what it meant.

"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words."( 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)

When I read that, I understood that God was showing to me the same future event that both Jesus and Paul the apostle talked about. I also understood that He wanted me to be in the words of Jesus among those "counted worthy to escape the things which are coming upon the earth." It also proved to me that it was really God personally reaching out to me through dreams and visions and showing me things I could not have otherwise known.  It also proved to me that the Bible is indeed inspired by Him and not made up by people alone.

Now, I don't know whether I will in fact be physically alive during the time of rapture, but from this biblical passage, I do know that even if I physically die before it happens, I will still be part of it as one of those whom God will raise from the dead and take to Him on that day, and if you trust your life to Jesus and faithfully follow Him for the rest of your life, then you can be sure that you will be there as well. What a glorious Day it will be!

Also read: The Second Rapture Dream

3 comments:

  1. Dear Brothers and Sisters,

    due to the HOLY BIBLES manifold dates (one’s lifetime, begetting age of the first son, coronation as king, reign as king etc.), the Bible facilitates the creation of a gapless chronology from the creation of Adam to the millennial Sabbath of Yahshua Messiah in the Biblical Calendar year 6001 B.K.

    You can download GOD’s timetable free of charge e.g. from following website: http://issuu.com/eli.yah/docs/from_adam_to_the_millennium_of_yahs

    GOD’S 7000 YEAR AGENDA

    Together, watching the “mysterious” signs of our days and studying the records in the Bible (e.g. Matt 24), will give insight that 2017 CE will be a year out of the ordinary!

    In 2017 CE, 6000 years will have passed since the creation of Adam, and the last 1000 years of the “7000 year Agenda of GOD” will be ushered in.

    For information regarding “GOD’S 7000 YEAR AGENDA” please go to e.g.:
    http://issuu.com/eli.yah/docs/gods_7000_year_agenda

    Executive Summary:

    The 7000 Year Plan of YHVH is not a new age concept.
    You come across this teaching, which is derived from the Bible, already in the Books of Irenaeus (Bishop of the early Church, 130 CE – 202 CE.

    GOD – who controls all things – reveals in the Scriptures that at ‘the time appointed,’ the “End Time World Order” will be destroyed and Jesus Christ (Heb.: Yahshua Messiah) will take over and establish His Millennial Kingdom.

    Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our GOD, and of his Messiah; and he shall reign forever and ever.

    But when will this happen? Are there any clues in the Holy Bible, which might lead to the year and maybe even to the season of His return (1.Thess 5:1, 4)? The answer is YES!

    To be able to uncover GOD’S “hidden” message, we have to start recognizing that the Bible contains accurate data. The Holy Bible is not a fairy-tale book, as some in the world try to make us believe!

    As a matter of fact, when you bring together the evidence contained in the “Old” Testament and the “New” Testament, you are able to count the years from the creation of Adam (3983 BCE ) to the Millennium of Jesus Christ (2017 CE ).

    For further information regarding ‘THE LAST DAYS’: please go to e.g. http://issuu.com/eli.yah/docs/armageddon_2017.docx


    May EL SHADDAI YAHWEH, Elohim of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust, so that you may abound with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Heb.: Ruach ha Kodesh). (Rom 15:13)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. It is true that all that was written in the Bible will come to pass. However, I would be careful about setting dates because the Bible does not give us enough information about that. For example there are periods in biblical history the length of which we don't even know. Like how long Adam lived in the garden of Eden before Eve was created, and how long they lived there before they sinned, but there is no doubt that we are growing ever closer to Yeshua's return and that is reason for joy and hope. God bless everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should all be praying, for clearly our Redemption draws nearer with each second. I do wonder what will become of those Christians who deny the Rapture, having been taught by false teachers that no Rapture could ever come, thereby, making our Lord into a liar. What becomes of them? The following link shows how far this false Anti-Rapture theory is gaining ground, in the internet age.

    http://www.angelfire.com/x-cain/rapture.html

    ReplyDelete